Here are some random facts for you.
1. The hashtag symbol is technically called an “octothorpe.” The “octo-” prefix refers to the eight points, but the “thorpe” is a mystery. One theory claims that it comes from the Old English word for “village,” because it looks like a village surrounded by eight fields.
2. The folds in chefs’ hats can signify their level of experience. The origins of that date back to when a chef would have 100 pleats in his hat, which would signify the 100 ways he knew how to prepare eggs.
3. The world record for the longest wedding veil is nearly 23,000 feet, which is the same length as about 63.5 football fields.
4. The only U.S. capital city without a McDonald’s is Montpelier, Vermont. There’s one in the next town over. Montpelier just prioritizes small business over chains.
5. Jaguars are named after the Native American word “yaguar,” which means “he who kills with one leap.”