Here are some random facts for you.
1. There are only two U.S. states where it’s legal to own the ocean. Or more specifically, the beach, below the high tide line. Private citizens in Massachusetts and Maine can own land all the way to the low tide line, allowing them to block the public from the area between the high and low tide lines.
2. One out of every 14 Americans under 65 either owns or used to own a copy of Pink Floyd’s “Dark Side of the Moon”.
3. Chris Farley was the original voice of Shrek and had recorded about 90% of the dialogue when he died. The producers decided not to use an impersonator to finish and recast Mike Myers in the role. (Here’s a clip of Chris’ work. It might have been leaked by one of the movie’s producers.)
4. The person who introduced macaroni and cheese to the U.S. was Thomas Jefferson. He brought the recipe back to the U.S. after a trip to Italy.
5. Birds don’t pee. They don’t even have urethras, so everything goes out with their poop. Which then lands on you.
(Boing Boing / Wiki / Yahoo / Clifford A Wright / Science Focus)