Buzzfeed recently conducted a “quiz” to find out how people feel about common flying habits, and they got well over 100,000 responses. Here are the highlights:
1. Which seat is the best? 70% said the window seat, 29% went with the aisle, and 1% picked the middle seat. (That 1% is more than 3,000 voters.)
2. Which is easier: Just a carry-on, or just a checked bag? 63% chose the carry-on, and 37% said they’d rather check it so they don’t have to lug it around.
3. What is the best airplane snack? 45% said cookies, 41% said pretzels, and 14% said peanuts, although those are rare on planes now, due to allergy policies.
4. Do you recline in your seat? 45% said NO because it’s rude to the person behind you. 43% said YES, but only if they’re trying to sleep. 12% said YES all the time.
5. Do you use the on-board bathroom? 68% said YES, 32% said NO.
6. Which seat do the armrests belong to? 37% said they both belong to the middle seat. 34% said one goes to the middle, and one of the END seats gets two, which is a fight waiting to happen. 26% said “whoever gets there first,” and 3% say they both belong to the end seats, the middle gets nothing.