Welcome to October! Here are five things to look forward to this month.
1. Lots of sports: The MLB playoffs get underway next week, with the World Series scheduled to begin at the end of the month. The NHL season starts on October 12th, and the NBA starts up a week later on the 19th.
2. A bunch of movies are hitting theaters and streaming services this month, including the latest Bond film “No Time to Die”, “Venom: Let There Be Carnage”, “Dune”, “Addams Family 2”, the 12th installment in the “Halloween” franchise, “Halloween Kills”, and the “Sopranos” prequel “The Many Saints of Newark”.
3. Some TV premieres you might want on your radar include: Season 18 of “The Bachelorette”, the series premiere of “CSI: Vegas”, Season 3 of the Netflix series “You”, and the series premiere of “Queens” on ABC.
There’s also the “iHeartRadio Music Festival” special airing on the CW this weekend, and the “BET Hip Hop Awards” coming up on Tuesday.
4. Halloween, of course. We’re expected to spend more than $10 BILLION on Halloween this year. And the CDC has basically signed off on kids trick-or-treating.
5. And here are a few more holidays: TODAY is International Coffee Day and World Smile Day, Monday is National Taco Day and National Vodka Day, Indigenous Peoples’ Day is on the 11th, National No Bra Day is the 13th, and October 23rd is Slap Your Annoying Coworker Day. Luckily for them it falls on a Saturday this year.