Here are some random facts for you.
1. The average American will eat 35,000 cookies in their lifetime.
2. “Lb” is the abbreviation for pound because it comes from “Libra”, the zodiac sign that’s symbolized by scales.
3. The top causes of death in the U.S. in 1900 were the flu and tuberculosis. In 2020, the top two were heart disease and cancer. COVID-19 was #3.
4. Horses can’t throw up. Their bodies aren’t built to do it.
5. Minnesota has a law banning contests where people try to catch greased pigs or turkeys.
(Yankee Magazine / HuffPost / NEJM – JAMA / Equus / State of Minnesota)