Just because you’re in a popular show or movie, doesn’t make you want to watch it. Well that’s true for this list of actors who hate watching themselves on-screen. Here they are:
1. Emma Stone . . . She’s only seen SOME of “Easy A”. “I went to a friends and family screening to see it and I had to get up and walk out. Who wants to watch themselves for that long?”
2. Andrew Lincoln . . . He won’t watch “The Walking Dead” even though he is THE Rick Grimes. “I just want to leave myself alone as much as I can. It breaks the spell, it breaks the magic somewhat.”
3. Adam Driver . . . He’s only seen the pilot of “Girls”. “I haven’t watched the show, I saw the pilot and I learned my lesson. I can’t help but see the mistakes.”
4. Maggie Smith . . . She’s never seen “Downton Abbey”. “Because it’s frustrating. I always see things that I would like to do differently and think, ‘Oh, why in the name of God did I do that?'”
5. Joaquin Phoenix . . . He tries not to watch any of his movies, but he said, “Paul Thomas Anderson [the director] got me to watch ‘The Master’ and I saw ‘Her’. Those are the only two I’ve seen.”
6. Johnny Depp . . . He doesn’t recall ever watching “Edward Scissorhands”, but he will watch Tim Burton’s films that he ISN’T in.
7. Constance Wu . . . She stopped watching anything after “Crazy Rich Asians” because she doesn’t want to be self-critical or dwell on the past.
8. Jesse Eisenberg . . . He won’t watch any of his films. “I really like thinking that you’re working in this bubble and I can experience personal emotions without thinking that it’s going to be scrutinized by a lot of people.”
9. Nicole Kidman . . . She’s never watched her movies except for “Australia” and “Moulin Rouge!”, which she did for Baz Luhrmann.
10. Connie Britton . . . She’s only seen a FEW episodes of “American Horror Story” because she said she was too scared.
(See more at BuzzFeed.com, including two stars from “Lost”.)