Here are some random facts for you.
1. The San Diego Zoo’s Safari Park is home to two platypuses, and they’re the ONLY platypuses outside of Australia.
2. The “Guinness Book of World Records” exists because the director of Guinness Breweries had an argument in 1951 over which game bird is faster, the golden plover or the red grouse. He thought there should be a book to help settle bar arguments, so he created the book of world records. The faster bird is the golden plover, by the way.
3. Sylvester Stallone asked Queen for the right to use “Another One Bites the Dust” for “Rocky 3” but they declined. So he asked Survivor to write a song, and they came up with “Eye of the Tiger“.
4. Only two British musical acts have had their debut album hit #1 in the U.S.: The Spice Girls, with “Spice”, and One Direction, with “Up All Night”.
5. One single Google search takes more computing power than the entire moon landing mission in 1969.
(San Diego Zoo / Wiki / Society of Rock / Billboard / Google Blog)