Do you work with anyone who’s constantly passive-aggressive about stuff? Instead of confronting people or being upfront, they get sneaky or mean? According to a new poll, most of us DO have coworkers like that.
69% say it’s become a problem at their workplace, and almost half say it’s gotten worse in the last few years. Here are the five most common passive-aggressive things people do at work.
1. Gossiping, or talking behind someone’s back. 54% of people said it’s something they see a lot.
2. Complaints and resentment. Like if your coworker was a jerk last week. So you complain to your boss about something unrelated, like their messy desk.
3. Giving people the silent treatment. Disengaging instead of confronting them about stuff.
4. Being sarcastic in a mean way. Like, “Oh, yeah, I think that’s a BRILLIANT plan.”
5. Being dishonest. Just lying about people you don’t like.