Don’t ever let anyone tell you watching TV is a waste of time. Here are six times when people were able to save lives using things they learned from watching TV:
1. A 13-year-old autistic student saved his classmate’s life by using the Heimlich maneuver he learned from “SpongeBob SquarePants”.
2. A man saved his daughter’s life by using CPR that he learned from “The Office”.
3. A German doctor was able to diagnose a patient with severe heart failure after watching “House”.
4. A woman from Israel got a second opinion on her cancer diagnosis because of “Grey’s Anatomy”.
5. A contestant on “X Factor” got diagnosed with a serious lung disease after Simon Cowell and Sharon Osbourne pointed out a weird rasp in her voice.
6. A man was accused of murder, but his appearance in a “Curb Your Enthusiasm” episode gave him an alibi.
(See more at Cracked.com.)