Here are some random facts for you.
1. The word “scientist” was only coined in 1833. A philosopher named William Whewell created it to “professionalize” science and separate it from philosophy.
2. Approximately 64% of Americans have never left the country and traveled abroad.
3. You’ve heard of the phrase “sail the seven seas,” but what are the seven seas? The list has changed over time, but the modern definition is: North Atlantic, South Atlantic, North Pacific, South Pacific, Arctic, Southern, and Indian.
4. Canada has more lakes than every other country combined.
5. There’s an obscure, gender-neutral term for nieces and nephews: They’re your NIBLINGS.
(Wikipedia / Mic.com / LiveScience / Today I Found Out / Merriam-Webster)