Here are some random facts for you.
1. Human brains are predisposed toward distraction, the average brain wanders for an average of 47% of the day.
2. The sun makes up 99.9% of the mass in the Solar System, all of the planets, moons, asteroids, and comets make up the other 0.1%.
3. The phrase “hands down” comes from horse racing. If a jockey was so far in the lead he could drop his hands and loosen the reins, it meant he was winning “hands down.”
4. The Mona Lisa was stolen from the Louvre in Paris in August of 1911, by an Italian guy named Vincenzo Peruggia. And it wasn’t recovered until December of 1913. Which actually helped make it the most famous painting in the world.
5. The people behind Baby Ruth candy bars claimed they weren’t named after Babe Ruth, they were named after President Grover Cleveland’s daughter Ruth. But she’d died from diphtheria 17 years before the candy bars came out.
(Harvard University / UCSD.edu / Phrases.org / CNN / History)